Friday, December 09, 2005

Short

Today we read the following in our class on the Second Crusade:
"William Viel, yet breathing out threatenings and piratical slaughter, and his brother Ralph and almost all the men of Southampton and Hastings..." (Conquest of Lisbon, trans. Wendell David)
...which I think means that people in Southampton and Hastings are sometimes pirates, which seems to me a good thing. Hurray for pirates! Conquest of Lisbon also says, as an aside, "Who, indeed, would deny that the Scots are barbarians?" which we all had a good laugh at. Ooh, and if anyone has an article by Edgington on 'The Lisbon Letter', can you email it to me? Writing my presentation is going to be super hard without that... Anyway, this is going to be a super short post because I need to go get some lunch because I'm hungry. See you later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous comments and I see a paragraph! Woo!

All sounds very confusing.

It's 2pm and you still ahvent got lunch!

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home